6 Raw King Prawns
100g Monkfish fillet (diced)
100g Thin Egg Noodles
2 Stalks of Celery (sliced)
1/2 Carrot (sliced)
1 Tin of Water chestnuts
2 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp of Yellow bean sauce
1 tsp of Chilli Bean Paste
100g Roast Cashew nuts (optional)
1 slice of Iceberg Lettuce
To make crispy noodles bird’s nest:
1. If using dry noodles soak noodles in boiling hot water for 5 mins, drain and cool down.
2. Add 1 tbsp of cornflour and mix well.
3. Heat 1 pint of oil in wok to hot.
4. Place noodles evenly in an 8 inch sieve and press another sieve on top to form the bird’s nest shape.
5. Deep-fry the noodles in the oil for 1 min, until crispy. Then remove away from the sieve and fry for further 1 min. Drain oil and place on dish.
1.Mix 1 tbsp of Yellow bean sauce, 1 tsp of chilli bean paste, 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of sesame oil in a bowl for later use.
2.Marinate mixed seafood with: 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of cornflour, ½ tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of sesame oil.
3.Add 1 pint of boiling water in wok. Then blanch seafood for 1 min. Drain water.
4.Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in wok.
5.Add chopped vegetable, garlic and 1 tbsp of Shaoshing Wine. Stir-fry for 2 mins.
6.Add seafood and pre-mixed sauce and stir-fry for 2 mins.
7.Add cashew nuts (optional).
8.Place the large piece of Iceberg Lettuce of bird’s nest.
9.Serve seafood on bird’s nest.
Ready to Serve